Sunday, March 27, 2011

Carbs or no carbs? That is the question.

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all doing wonderfully!  I just wanted to do a quick check in with everyone.  I am 15 weeks post op.  I'm teeter tottering between 259-260lbs.  I'm wearing XL shirts and size 18 jeans.  Not 18 plus, just 18s.  I got my wedding dress and it wasn't plus sized!  It was an 18 from the normal girl's section!!  I am officially down (as of today) 38.4 lbs.  I'm kind of stuck at a stand still and this leads me to the carb question.

I am a carboholic.  There, I said it!  I LOVE carbs and eat them all the time.  My sides of choice are macaroni and cheese, potatoes, and rolls.  I'm losing pretty good as far as body goes.  Like, my clothes are getting smaller etc.  But, I want to keep going ya know?  I mean, I didn't get this band just to lose 40 pounds.  I want to be one of those awesome success stories.  So, I was reading in a magazine the other day about the best way to lose weight.  And of course, it talked about carbs.  See, my midsection (butt, gut, and belly) is my worst part of my body.  I HATE to look at it in the mirror.  It makes me look 50 pounds more than I actually weigh.  The article I was reading said that the foods on the "no-no" list to lose your midsection are carbs.  So, I have decided that I am going to start a low carb "eating habit" (I refuse to call it a diet) to jump start more weight loss and to hopefully start shrinking my flab.  I also joined Curves on Thursday and will start my full workout there tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it.

So, how is my meal plan going to look on this low carb thing?  Here's what I'm thinking, let me know what you think.

Monday

Breakfast:  1 scrambled egg and 2 slices Oscar Myer center cut bacon (less fat and more protein)

Lunch:  Chicken Salad

Dinner:  Grilled chicken tenderloin on our new grill (because I'm the most awesome wife to be and bought my hubby to be a grill for his early birthday present), side salad

Exercise:  30 minute circuit at Curves

Tuesday

Breakfast:  1 scrambled egg and 2 slices Oscar Myer center cut bacon

Lunch:  Chicken Salad

Dinner:  Grilled Pork tenderloin, side salad

Exercise:  30 minute circuit at Curves

Wednesday

Breakfast:  1 scrambled egg and 1 slice bologna cooked on George Foreman

Lunch:  Chicken Salad or leftover pork tenderloin

Dinner:  Grilled hamburger, side salad

Exercise:  30 minute circuit at Curves

Thursday

Breakfast:  1 scrambled egg and 1 slice bologna cooked on George Foreman

Lunch:  Chicken Salad or leftover hamburger patty

Dinner:  Hot dog on grill (no bun) with pork skins (very low carb and tasty)

Exercise:  30 minute circuit at Curves

Friday, Saturday and Sunday:  This is our going out time so I will choose low carb items wherever we decide to go! 

Also on this meal plan, if I need a snack I will snack on peanuts, string cheese, or pork skins

Now, yes I know that this is a higher fat count than I would like.  But, the way it's supposed to work is that instead of burning the carbs when you exercise you burn fat.  I guess we shall see! 

Tomorrow we start the SAT-10 testing at school.  I think I'm more nervous than the kids are!  This is my first year being on the other side of the test and I'm very nervous!  I hope I don't screw it up!  I also get to pick up my wedding dress on Friday and I should have my engagement pictures back sometime this week or next as well!  I have a lot to look forward to this week so maybe it will keep my mind off of my guilty pleasure carbs!  Tomorrow is Monday and that's my official weigh in day, which is a good thing because I will get an accurate read of how much weight I am going to lose on this low carb diet "eating habit."  Have a wonderful Monday ladies!!

4 comments:

  1. I have PCOS and so that means that my body loves carbs so much that it will keep them forever. I use a modified low carb eating plan and it also helps that my band doesn't really like carbs (at least something in me doesnt). I am not zero carbs but I am low carb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at the exact spot you are...hovering around 260, just lost 40, size 18 and XL and need to change something because the weight loss has almost stopped. I have a fill on Friday but I was thinking of doing low carb too...it's so hard because all the snacks are carbs...and I'm not even a carb lover. I am interested to see if it works well for you...so keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be a CARBS QUEEN! Now after surgery, Not So Much! I can't get it down! What if you switched up your diet! You seem to be eating the same thing daily! Your body will get used to that and plateau! So try changing what you eat (change up your exercise too)! Our bodies get too used to the same thing daily and then just doesnt' do anything or nothing happens cause its so used to the daily routine you have going. It knows what to expect! Switch it up! :O) Hope this helps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like carbs too. I did a post on this a couple weeks ago. I've semi given up on it. I did eggs and bacon for breakfast all week. Did cucumbers instead of crackers with my chicken salad. But overall I felt about the same hunger and fullness wise. I didn't lose anymore weight than normal. All the extra fat kinda started to bother me though.. something about eating Bacon and things just isn't that appetizing. Realistically i don't eat THAT many carbs anyways. Not like I have bread with every meal. I have it with breakfast and usually thats it. I think if you can stick to low carb, like REALLY low carb then it can be good... but then it becomes a "diet" we are looking for lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete