Sunday, April 3, 2011

Low Carb = Game Over!

First and foremost, I would like to give a big hug to all of these people who can low carb it and stick to it.  More power to you because I don't have it in me.  I don't really like vegetables all that much so my diet was literally a serving of meat at lunch and dinner.  Not appetizing to me.  I like meat, but not that much.  I don't really eat it all that much anyway so this just isn't for me.  Besides, like Heather said, this is a lifestyle change not a diet.  I like Heather.  She is very "to the point" and I like that about her.  If I could honestly succeed at a "low carb diet" then I wouldn't have needed the surgery.  I DON'T HAVE THE WILLPOWER TO DIET!!  There, I said it!  That's why I had surgery.  Now, I can limit my calories to under 1200 a day because that's what the band helps me do.  It keeps me full and helps me fill up fast so I don't shove empty calories into my mouth all day. 

So, how did it work with weight loss.  I honestly didn't really notice a change.  I lost, but I lose every week.  As of today I am 255.8 lbs.  I truly don't remember the last time I weighed that.  I know I had said that I had been hovering, and it did help me lose, but I also relate that to the crazy amount of water I was drinking.  Something about that diet, I guess all the salty meat, made me so thirsty that I got my 64 oz. plus some in during the day with no trouble at all!  So, I think what I'm going to do now is just do what my surgeon originally told me to do.  Low fat, healthy carbs, healthier choices lots of water, less than 1200 calories a day.  He makes the big bucks so I guess he knows what he's talking about!  So, I'm back to eating right.  I honestly like the more "balanced" eating anyway.  Today was my Sunday Shop Day so let me fill you in on what's on the menu for this week!

Monday:
Breakfast - Mini Wheats with mixed berry fruit in the middle
Lunch - Turkey sandwich on Pepperidge Farm Extra Thin bread slices
Dinner - Fajita chicken strips with salsa and a whole wheat tortilla
Snacks if needed - apple or yogurt

Tuesday:
Breakfast - same
Lunch - same
Dinner - Homemade pizza.  I'll post the recipe tomorrow night or maybe even a video of me making it!
Snacks if needed - apple or 100 cal pack popcorn

Wednesday:
Breakfast - same
Lunch - leftover slice of homemade pizza
Dinner - grilled chicken strips and baked beans
Snacks if needed - apple or yogurt

Thursday:
Breakfast - same
Lunch - sandwich
Dinner - Oscar Mayer Light Hot Dog on half of a bun.  (These are the best y'all!  They taste just like a normal hot dog and have half the fat in them.)
Snacks if needed - apple or popcorn

Friday:
Breakfast - same
Lunch - either leftover hot dog or sandwich
Dinner - Weekend date with my hunny!!

So, that's my menu for the week.  Oh!  I almost forgot to tell you.  I have been terrified to try any carbonated beverages but today I tried a Coke Zero.....and I honestly didn't enjoy it.  I would much rather have my water.  Crazy how things change?!  Kisses to everyone and I hope Monday is nice to you!

4 comments:

  1. Finding what's right for you is what it is all about! Enjoy the yummy menu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me as in Heather?

    I tried low carb but it just made me feel crappy, and I didn't notice more weight loss. I think as long as I'm in my 1200 calorie range I lose weight, no matter what I ate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog. Please update us on your journey :)

    ReplyDelete